Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Others Write, Too...

As part of a writing critique group, I must remember that my story isn't the only one being written.

There is a balance between writing your own work and critiquing others' work. There is so much responsibility for both of these. They expect my work. AND they expect their work critiqued and sent back.

How much time is there in a day?!

Time is a balancing act. We have to learn to be more efficient with the time we have. But who wants to? If 30 minutes is what you have to write, it's what you use.

I homeschool, so I have to plan for those lessons and teaching takes time out of my day. I need sleep. I have meal preparation obligations. The house needs cleaned. And lets face it, kids' needs (and meltdowns) don't happen at planned times. (They are high on my priority list, after all.) Where does writing fit it?

There are many things that I aspire to do. There is time. It might not be a lot. Choose how you use it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment