Friday, April 8, 2016

Don't Forget to Live...

Parental Checklist:
_ Tuck kids into bed
_ Go to Dance Recital
_ Make dinner
_ Do laundry
* Sorry, I HAVE TO WRITE!

I am guilty of being an obsessive, one-track minded person. This is naturally a struggle to keep in my attempts balance all of the things that matter in my life. I wear many hats: nurse, chauffeur, chef... (I particularly like my snazzy writer one)...
BUT it would do well to remember when we sit down to write. 
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WRITE ABOUT?

The struggle is real to make and keep that balance. (Personal struggle, societal struggle, etc. It's the stuff dystopia is made of.)

Does that mean I have to put my inspirations on hold? What if I get a good idea while I'm out and about?

Let me just say: We writers are quirky for a reason. Why change that? 
I wrote a family blog. When my kids would do something hilarious, I would ask, 'Can I blog that?' 
Soon my WHOLE family would start saying, "You should blog that!" before I could even ask. 
If we were out, I wrote it in my little notebook I kept with me. 
I'm weird. I embraced it. My family embraced it. 
Soon, those around you will see you writing in your notebook and say, 
"Next great novel idea in progress!"




No comments:

Post a Comment