Migraines... they suck.
No, I mean REALLY suck. I think I would prefer to have the flu or a cold than have a migraine. At least then I could write while being stuck in bed.
Not more migraines, my friend. Nope. I lay in bed trying to relax enough to actually sleep or else the throbbing pain takes over. Thinking... hurts. There is nothing worse than when my story is running through my mind while I'm trying to sleep from a migraine. It goes right along with an exhausted body that can't sleep because the mind won't relax. (You with me, insomnia friends?)
Should we feel sorry for the writers with migraines?
(a resounding... YESS!)
But maybe there's a silver lining, fellow writers.
Those with migraines know pain. A friend with migraines says "it's a pain I could die from." We writers write to express feelings and painful situations. In the climax of a story, our characters experience 'all is lost' and the 'dark night of soul'. If we have felt that ourselves and can write about it... that is powerful indeed.
So, yes, feel sorry for the writers with migraines. But not too much.
(And writers, there's always a resolution to our pain similar our novels. Just because the curtains are closed for a day doesn't mean they can't be opened once the pain has passed. There's your rainbow with a pot of gold.)
Non-migraine sufferers...
Yes, you are now allowed to envy my pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment